Saturday 4 May 2013

Investing for Health -- SAFRA free vouchers

Last month I received a letter from the government with "ON GOVERNMENT SERVICE" on the envelop.  That looked like letters in the past that summoned people back for in-camp training or for Individual Physical Proficiency Test (IPPT).

Upon opening the letter, I found that it really was from the Singapore Armed Forces.  In celebration for 45th anniversary of National Service (NS), MINDEF is giving National Serviceman the opportunity to enjoy SAFRA benefits with the family.  This is a small token of appreciation for my participation in NS and reservist duties for the nation in the past.

I was given $100 worth of vouchers (10 pieces of $10 vouchers) and free SAFRA membership for one year.  The vouchers can be used at more than 5,000 outlets in Singapore, which include major shopping malls, petrol stations, supermarkets and F&B outlets!

I was still pondering how to spend the vouchers, when I happened to see that the rubber soles of my jogging shoes were disintegrating to pieces.

Come to think about it, I do not have regular exercise since after I was not required to take the annual IPPT.  I have not worn that jogging shoes for a few years.

I remembered last time my lecturer told us that when we exercise in the "now", it is for good health in the "decade" later.  For example, regular exercise in the 10's for good health in the 20's; 20's for 30's and so on.

I decide that I will pick up regular exercise again.  This is investment for my good health.

I used all the vouchers and exchanged a pair of $99 jogging shoes from Royal Sporting House.  This pair of jogging shoes is my commitment to regular exercise.

No comments:

Post a Comment