Friday 8 November 2013

Good Riddance - CapitaMalls Asia

Finally sold off CapitaMalls Asia.  Although CMA manages a pan-Asian portfolio of about 100 shopping malls in Singapore, China, Malaysia, Japan and India; its share price is very weak.

CMA has been a submarine to me and its price was always below my entry price.  However, I see no value in averaging down because of its pathetic dividend yield of less than 2%.

For some unknown reasons, the price of CMA increases this week and finally surfaces above my breakeven price for the stock.  I took this opportunity to divest CMA and earned some small coffee money. 

CMA may have good fundamentals and may be a good stock in a few years' time.  However, its poor dividend yield does not justify in holding onto the stock.

After I sold CMA, due to the overall market uncertainties, CMA price goes down again.

No comments:

Post a Comment