Saturday 30 May 2015

Snowballing of dividends - Super May

Traditionally May is good month for dividends as many companies are paying dividends in May.  14 of my 22 counters paid dividends in May and produced a new monthly dividend harvest record for me. 

Dividends collected in May:
1. SPH: $350
2. Starhub: $300
3. Keppel Corp: $288
4. Boustead: $274.17 (sold the free Boustead Project shares)
5. CapitaLand: $180
6. Keppel InfraTr: $161.18 (incl. special dividends)
7. SGX: $160
8. SCI: $110
9. Suntec Reit: $109.27
10. CMT: $107.20
11. Starhill Global: $100.80
12. SPH Reit: $81.20
13. Frasers CT: $59.26
14. FCOT: $23.76 
Total: $2,304.84


The amount of monthly dividends collected easily smashed the previous record of $1,503.17.  This shows that this dividend investing strategy is working for me, and my snowball is getting bigger as it rolls down the hill.

We can be considered Financial Free when the dividends collected exceed the monthly expenditures.  This is in fact the first time that my dividends are more than my monthly expenditures.

Looking forward to August, which is the second best month for me in the year.

10 comments:

  1. When others are wondering whether to sell in May and go away, you are just happily collecting dividends. Life as farmer and collecting your income in a passive manner is so wonderful. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi MH,

      I definitely will not sell and go away in May. May is the best month for dividends.

      Cheers,
      Farmer.

      Delete
  2. May the dividend rain non-stop! May I like, August (augers) well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lizardo,

      May our snowballs roll bigger and bigger.

      Cheers,
      Farmer.

      Delete
  3. Hi PIF

    Congrats on beating your previous record last year. The snowballing effect does indeed make a visible difference already in your life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like what I see....congrat PIF! Not sure when I can reach the same figure.......

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi David,

      Thanks! I am sure you will be there one day.

      Cheers,
      Farmer.

      Delete