Friday 5 February 2016

2016 Weekly Review - Week 5

The fight against the Bear Army probably will turn into a long drawn fight.

Just when you think that the Bear Army is pushing STI back towards 2,500, a CNY rally on Friday pushed STI above 2,600My portfolio's lost narrow to 2.9% at the end of the 5th week (not counting dividends collected).  

Considering that my portfolio had once declined more than 50% during the Lehman Bear Attack, so far this 2016 Bear Attack has produced only a minor blip on my portfolio.

Despite Friday's gain, my worst performing counter is still Keppel Corp, and it lost further ground to 37.3% its invested value.  Sembcorp Industries has recovered a bit but also has lost 27.4% its invested value.  

These 2 counters are main contributors to my portfolio's decline.  Let's see how low Keppel Corp and Sembcorp Industries can go.  But I just do not think they could go bust.

A lot of counters are very tempting now and I know low could go lower.  But I took a calculated risk and had a small nibble on Saizen Reit, riding on hope of its soon favorable delisting

Wishing everyone Gong Xi Fa Cai and a Prosperous Monkey Year.

2 comments:

  1. You are not alone, my KepCorp and SembCorp both lost 50% of its value. Just have to picked myself up, save and invest again. Bottom line is never give up. Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Arthur,

      We need to consider whether it is good oportunity to pick up more cheap shares or are we throwing good money after bad?

      Cheers,
      Farmer.

      Delete