Saturday 26 November 2016

Planting more REIT trees for dividend fruits

REITs counters have been battered recently due to the anticipation of imminent rate hike in December.

I have taken the opportunity to load more REITs into my portfolio.  I have added CMT, Keppel DC Reit (rights), AA Reit, MCT, CDLHT, ParkwayLife Reit and FLT.  Did not see such volatility in CMT prices in recent times.  Unfortunately, FCT and A Reit did not come down low enough for me.

Except for AA Reit, which continues its downward trend, the rest have so far recovered a bit from their recent lows. 

I do not know whether this is a good time for REITs, but the positive thinking is that I am doing this for long term passive incomes and not getting myself into a REIT quagmire.  Still, I am holding some reserves in the event of further REIT decline in December.

We already have two major surprises this year, Brexit and Trump, and who know we may yet have a hat-trick of surprises by year end?  

5 comments:

  1. Hi Temperament,

    I am trigger happy once start firing. Really need to stop my itchy fingers. Haha.

    Cheers,
    Farmer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not easy to catch bottom. I am trigger happy too. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cory,

      Yes. Not easy to catch bottom. Just buy at a price you are comfortable.

      Cheers.

      Delete
  3. Hi PIF

    Good stuff.

    I guess people like you and me are the happy ones adding onto these passive income play.

    ReplyDelete