Thursday 26 January 2017

Credit Card annual fee waiver rejected

Everything has a first.

After using credit cards for many years, first time has my credit card annual fee waiver request rejected.  The issuing bank is OCBC, so good riddance OCBC credit card.

As a OCBC Bank shareholder, I am happy that the bank try their best to increase their revenue streams.  But as a credit card user, I will not pay the pricy annual fee.

No trouble on my part in cancelling the OCBC credit card, as it is not linked to any GIRO payment.  But if one user has installment payment on the credit card, probably he or she would be forced to pay that pricy credit card annual fee.

By the way, I do not have annual fee waiver issues with Citibank, Standard Chartered Bank and Bank of China.      

8 comments:

  1. Hi Farmer,

    Wish u a prosperous CNY 🍊🍊

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi SI,

    Happy and prosperous CNY to you too!

    Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi PIF

    Which ocbc cc is that? I dont seem to have any issues

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi B,

      It was the Great Eastern Cashflo MasterCard. Probably I did not spend enough or the bank thought the card is bundled together with the 360 account?

      Delete
  4. Yes, not spending enough is one reason as they need resource to maintain your account. I work in this line before.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Unknown,

      In the past the reason of resource is valid. But in this electronic or paperless era, the pricy fee is not justifiable.

      Cheers.

      Delete
  5. May I check if you were paying any GE insurance via the card? I just decided on some GE insurance and the agent was pushing for me to get the cashflo card, but I was concern about not hitting the yearly minimum spend to wave the annual fee. He claims that if the card is use to pay GE insurance then the fee will forever be waived. Hoping to check if that was your situation. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi echowillow,

      Thanks for your visit. Sorry I do not know. I do know that there is nothing forever as the bank can revise their terms and conditions whenever they wish.

      Cheers!

      Delete